October 15, 2015
"This quilt was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's designs (if you are not familiar with him, he was a famous American architect that designed modern buildings in the early 20th century). The title of the quilt is 'Quilt it Wright'"Mary Menzer of FairlyMerry sent us these photos of her great design using Oakshott Lakes. Do have a look at more info on her Facebook page and her Instagram feed to learn about threads she uses and her design, matchstick, quilting and improv techniques. Read more
August 13, 2015We asked to see your projects on our Facebook page and want to share these with you. This is Dresden Flower from Monika Huelsebusch ca. 60 x 80 Inch, all Oakshott Fabrics sewn by machine, appliqued by hand, quilted on an APQS longarm machine Ursula Josefs-Kirschbaum: My daughter Anne was busy and made this beautiful Quilt. In Lakes and New Colourshott Read more
June 02, 2015
- Did you know that Oakshott do Sample Swatch Packs for all the collections*?
- Did you know that when you buy a Sample Swatch Pack you also get a £5 Gift Voucher to set against your next online purchase?
- Did you know that Oakshott offer a special shipping rate on Sample Swatch Pack only purchases (whether you order one pack or the complete set) of £4.95 in the UK and £8.00 for the rest of the world?
January 23, 2015The Lakes collection is a wonderful evocation of crisp, clear winter sunshine on bright, frosty days, and the Sew Mama Sew Lakes Table Linen Challenge produced some lovely designs to bring that vibrancy into your house. We've put the six designs into a free booklet for you to download, either click here, go to the Instant Colour page and browse the whole booklet collection, or go to the Oakshott Fabrics shop website and check out the fabrics (all these designs can be made with a Lakes Fat 8ths pack of 16 colours). Read more
October 23, 2014Sew Mama Sew's Oakshott Lakes Table Linens Challenge is completed and published and an Oakshott giveaway offered. It's great to see these designers loving the richness of the fabric as much as we do, and using its shot effect so creatively – and just from one Fat 8ths Pack. Visit their sites for full details on how they approached the challenge, tutorials and the latest from these talented, enthusiastic designer/bloggers:
- Mary Claire King of Remember Wren
- Michelle White of Falafel and the Bee
- Jessica Skultety of Quilty Habit
- Nicole Neblett of mama love quilts
- Sara Peterson of knottygnome crafts
- Anjeanette Klinder