September 23, 2015Great to see the results of FoQ 2015 purchases from the Oakshott stand. Well done to Rona Bebb for completing the Hint Quilt Wallhanging Kit, great to see photos which show the size and the quilting, and thanks for her kind words:
"They are lovely fabrics to work on, soon to buy more from you."Looking forward to the next photos, as promised ...
"Now to start on the Red pack."Read more
September 22, 2015Sew Mama Sew gathered six US bloggers to exercise their creativity on our Scandinavia collection, and what a variety they came up with: Oakshott echoes Sew Mama Sew's sentiments:
We’d like to thank our talented challengers for showing us so many lovely possibilities with Oakshott Scandinavia. Please visit their sites to see more creativity!:
- Jessica Skultety from Quilty Habit
- Jennifer Fullerton from Never Just Jennifer
- Mary Kolb from Mary on Lake Pulaski
- Casey York from The Studiolo
- Deborah Fisher from Fish Museum and Circus
- Caitlin Topham from Salty Oat
June 05, 2015The very busy Karen Lewis has been doing some dreamy work in Leeds using Scandinavia on a kaleidoscope block (out of Joyce Gieszler's book Then and Now Quilts). Do visit her Karen Lewis Textiles blog to see more pics and her working process. She said things like:
I wanted to print a design that would leave a lot of the beautiful Oakshott fabric showing through It is a paper pieced pattern which is a process I have actually grown to love I settled on the idea of a matchstick spiral I think I may be a convert to this method [for binding]...it used half the fabric...what's not to love? As for the original bundle of Scandinavia shot cottons...what a dream they were to print on and sew with...I will certainly be doing that again.and here's the final result: Read more
June 02, 2015
- Did you know that Oakshott do Sample Swatch Packs for all the collections*?
- Did you know that when you buy a Sample Swatch Pack you also get a £5 Gift Voucher to set against your next online purchase?
- Did you know that Oakshott offer a special shipping rate on Sample Swatch Pack only purchases (whether you order one pack or the complete set) of £4.95 in the UK and £8.00 for the rest of the world?
May 26, 2015Great to see what's been done with an Oakshott Scandinavia giveaway via Leanne ‘She can Quilt’.
by Teje KarjalainenReally interesting post about the design and set up process by Teje who is from Finland but based in Greece. Read more