Delivery and service
The long tentacles of COVID-19 have impacted our previously dependable shipping arrangements. Many post and airmail services beyond the UK are no longer reliable and in order to maintain our high levels of service, we have been obliged to restructure our delivery arrangements.
UK, Germany and Switzerland
- Standard post and airmail services continue, with a new optional upgrade to DHL's courier service.
All other destinations
- Post and airmail services are temporarily suspended. In their place we offer fully tracked and signed courier delivery via DHL or FedEx, depending on the location.
Both DHL and FedEx allow full end-to-end tracking of orders via their customer apps. They also allow you to re-arrange the delivery address and timing for your own convenience.
We appreciate that the courier services will cost a little more than the regular postal service, however we believe they will provide the confidence and reliability of supply that you expect from us.
Order processing: we aim to despatch your order within 1-2 working days of receipt. After leaving our warehouse, your delivery should normally arrive in the number of days shown below. Please understand however that these timings are beyond our control, particularly during times of Coronavirus.
Please also note:
- Out of area surcharges may apply depending on the destination.
- Orders shipped to Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man must be addressed as such, in order to remain VAT exempt i.e. if the ‘country’ is entered as UK, VAT will automatically be applied.
- Please be sure to provide a daytime delivery address (not a PO box) where someone will be able to accept the goods. A contact phone number is also needed.
- Your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are incurred once a shipment reaches your destination country. Oakshott Fabrics is not responsible for these charges if they are applied and are your responsibility as the customer.
If we’re not able to supply all the items from stock, we will notify you and may offer an alternative. We only ship part-orders with your express agreement. There are no delivery charges on Gift Vouchers and Downloadable Patterns.
Incomplete, incorrect, damaged or missing orders
If your order is delivered incomplete, damaged or incorrect, please contact us within 24 hours of receipt. We will resolve the problem is the most appropriate way.
Returns and refunds
We want you to be happy with your purchase, however if you're unhappy, please let us know by email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)7486 463821.
Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 30 days of receipt. We can only offer refunds on items returned in the condition in which they were supplied.
Please pack the parcel securely, enclosing a copy of your proof of purchase and tell us the reason for return. Post the parcel to the address that we will provide. You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs for returning an item.
When we receive the parcel, we will email you and a refund will be passed to your credit card or the original method of payment within 14 days. (Please allow 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to your account).
If you have any queries, you can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)7486 463821.