Hi from Germany!
"It´s the rich colours that have inspired me again and again for over 10 years about Oakshott Fabrics. I have the opportunity to work with high contrasts or monochrome colours to create what I have in mind.
Playing with high contrasts is the quilt Strippy. All eight colours of the Oakshott Fabrics Alpine collection combined with Colourshott Moleskin create the simple and clear design of this quilt. The pattern is featured in the magazine Patchwork Professional No. 05/2023.
Images: Strippy Wall Hanging
"The wide range of colours of Oakshott Fabrics even gives me the opportunity to reflect the impressions and emotions of daily life.
The minimalistic and clear designs of the quilts Modern Traditions and Summer Fun were made during summer to reflect the lightness of summer fun days.
Images: Modern Traditions, Summer Fun
"The quilt Cool Breeze, with its shades of blue, reflects our windy and cold seasons.
Images: Cool Breeze
"You can find the daily ups and downs in my quilt Back and Forth. It means for me, just because the directions changes, it still goes on.
Images: Back and Forth
Who can resist a pack of 5" squares of bright colours? Not me! The quilt Joy of Colours is made with 110 different colours of Oakshott fabrics.
Image: Joy of Colours
Since 2017 my personal challenge is to make every year a small quilt with the Pantone Color of the Year.
- 2017 Pantone Color of the Year: Greenery | Quilt: Simple Stripes
- 2018 Pantone Color of the Year: Purple | Quilt: Purple Circle
Images: Simple Stripes, Purple Circle
- 2019 Pantone Color of the Year: Living Coral | Quilt: Coral Code
- 2020 Pantone Color of the Year: Classic Blue | Quilt: Blue Glow
Images: Coral Code, Blue Glow
- 2021 Pantone Colors of the Year: Ultimate Gray and Illuminating | Quilt: The Opening Door
- 2022 Pantone Color of the Year: Very Peri | Quilt: Which Way
Images: The Opening Door, Which Way
- 2023 Pantone Color of the Year: Viva Magenta | Quilt: Magenta Match